Globe Valves are among the most popular type of valves used in various applications. These valves are similar to gate valves and use linear motion to throttle flow. They are used to control the flow in a pipeline and they regulate by the position of a movable disk (or plug) in relation to the stationary ring seat. The major advantage of a globe valve is, it does not leak as much as other valves.
Globe valves are composed of a baffle that splits the inside of the pipe, which is typically parallel to the pipe's length. They are named for their spherical body shape with the two halves of the body being separated by an internal baffle. It consists of a movable disk-type element and a stationary ring seat in a generally spherical body.
• Globe valves throttling, the full-closing characteristic is good.
• The opening-closing time is shorter.
• Body ring seating surface process is easier.
• They can be used as stop-check valves.
• They contain positive shut-off
• Pressure loss is higher
• To close under high pressure, globe valves require a larger amount of force or an actuator with a large torque.
Global valves are used primarily for throttling purposes. They may be considered as general purpose flow control valves that are used for high-temperature applications.