The effectiveness of brass as the material for pipe fittings provides you with safe and durable components within your plumbing system. While they can be a bit more expensive than some other types of fittings, brass fittings are worth the extra cash. Here are five reasons why you should use brass fittings for your next plumbing project:
1. They are durable - Brass fittings have been used in both residential and industrial plumbing because it is great for heavy-duty use and it stays in good condition for years. When you have a plumbing project that needs to have a long lifespan, brass is a good choice because it lasts for a long time without disintegrating or even cracking. It’s also perfect for use in hot water supply lines.
2. They can withstand high temperatures - As the best fitting material for distributing hot water, brass provides exceptional conductivity and improves the efficiency of the distribution system. In fact, brass fittings can tolerate much higher temperatures than fittings made of other materials, up to the point of being fire resistant.
3. They are malleable - You may find that you need to mold or shape a fitting to make it work in specific areas. If so, then a brass fitting is the ideal choice. Brass is a malleable metal – much more so than iron or steel. That makes brass fittings a very flexible option for many tight plumbing spots.
4. They are corrosion resistant - Brass doesn’t rust and it is highly resistant to corrosion. Rust and corrosion rapidly speed up the natural wear and tear process on the fitting, so when you are looking for long-lasting fittings, brass is the best material for the job.
5. They are versatile - You can find brass fittings in all types and sizes, so you can always find just what you need for your specific plumbing projects.